As we discussed so far, providing online textbooks for university students is a direct way to release the inability to purchase expensive textbooks. In other word, social innovations aim to resolve problems from the society and community. In order to save money and enhance the learning outcomes of university students, online textbooks system is engaged with the context.
Here are five major benefits of online textbooks we have discussed and studied by bloggers and researchers.
1. First of all, by using an online textbook saves a lot of money, which is a major strategy of our campaign as well. The traditional printed textbooks usually cost more than $100 in bookstore. In that case, a university student would probably cost more than $400 for each semester.
2. Online reading activities and e-readers are widely adapted by the young generation. Whether using a smart phone or a laptop, students will become more familiar with the high-tech based devices. In that case, online reading activities will continue to be a growing presence in students’ lives.
3. The internet based database and information network spreads quickly every day. It allows students keep in touch with the fresh study works and up-to-date information. Especially when a university sets up its own textbooks and study system, students can access to the most recent study, research and other advanced information instantly.
4. The traditional books can be damaged accidentally. Comparing with traditional physical books, online textbooks are easy to access, convenient and user-friendly.
5. Finally, e-textbooks are environmentally-friendly and cost-effective. Papers would cost large amount use of wood and forest. The promotion of online textbooks is eco-friendly as well.