Most universities in America have their rental textbooks system in terms of providing affordable textbooks for students from university libraries. When you log in the library system, for example, the MSU (Michigan State University) library provides options to rent a MSU textbooks or textbooks from other university or bookstores. Students can either book a textbook rental appointment or borrow books from the library at the beginning of a semester. http://libguides.lib.msu.edu/textbooks
Amazon is considering building up a book rental library service. It will be engaged for Amazon if they set up the service. Both universities and their libraries are going to be promoted as well in this case. According to the Wall Street Journal, “is in talks to start a library service that will see folks pay a monthly subscription in exchange for access to book rentals.” Relevant reports indicate that book publishers will be offered a substantial fee to take part in the program, which has yet to be confirmed by e-tail giant Amazon.
In order to contribute the e-textbooks system and the textbook rental service, university libraries in Australia can offer a fact list to help students save money when purchasing textbooks. The list contains textbooks options, course recommendations, professor requirements and other relevant options recommended by colleges. Thus, students are encouraged to research their study up-to-date and check with their professors about lessons in regular. It is a good experience to enhance the learning outcomes for university students.
As we discussed so far, providing online textbooks for university students is a direct way to release the inability to purchase expensive textbooks. In other word, social innovations aim to resolve problems from the society and community. In order to save money and enhance the learning outcomes of university students, online textbooks system is engaged with the context.
Here are five major benefits of online textbooks we have discussed and studied by bloggers and researchers.
1. First of all, by using an online textbook saves a lot of money, which is a major strategy of our campaign as well. The traditional printed textbooks usually cost more than $100 in bookstore. In that case, a university student would probably cost more than $400 for each semester.
2. Online reading activities and e-readers are widely adapted by the young generation. Whether using a smart phone or a laptop, students will become more familiar with the high-tech based devices. In that case, online reading activities will continue to be a growing presence in students’ lives.
3. The internet based database and information network spreads quickly every day. It allows students keep in touch with the fresh study works and up-to-date information. Especially when a university sets up its own textbooks and study system, students can access to the most recent study, research and other advanced information instantly.
4. The traditional books can be damaged accidentally. Comparing with traditional physical books, online textbooks are easy to access, convenient and user-friendly.
5. Finally, e-textbooks are environmentally-friendly and cost-effective. Papers would cost large amount use of wood and forest. The promotion of online textbooks is eco-friendly as well.
As I have asked, eight out of ten of my friends didn’t buy their textbooks for this semester, even though some of those books are compulsory readings. The fact that majority prices of university textbooks are usually high, it may affect the learning outcomes of students who cannot afford the textbooks.
One of the major problems university students face when it comes to buying textbooks is the inability and unwillingness to purchase expensive textbooks. In addition, either the students are in a hurry with their courses about to begin or they realize that buying textbooks is one requirement of the courses in the middle of the semester will affect the outcomes of study. Both of these problems can be solved through using online method to access university textbooks.
There are more choices for students to access the textbooks instead of buy them through bookstore. Therefore, our campaign “Make Textbooks Affordable” aims to establish an “Online Textbook Station” hub for Australian University students; as well as to provide legal online downloadable textbooks for students. The authority of online texts and publications are low-cost. It is also a convenient, direct and instant way for students to have reading activities via digital technologies and internet based database.
Here are some online textbook stores recommended by http://sehgalamit.hubpages.com/hub/Advantages-Buying-Textbooks-Online.
Online shopping from the earth’s biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & person
- Cheap Textbooks
College Textbooks up to 95% off! Our FREE price comparison tool helps you to find the cheapest textbook store to buy new, used and rental textbooks.
- Domain Name Search
Instant Domain Name Search. Search domains names instantly as you type along. This service is FREE to use.